Share Market terminologies may seem to be confusing or rather new for most of the new investors to the arena. Discussed below are few of them:
- A Bid Price is defined as the price at which the buyers are ready to purchase a particular stock. It can also be defined as the buying price.
- Ask Price is the price at which the sellers are ready to sell a particular stock. It is also known as the selling price or offer price.
- Declaration of the Quarterly results: It is mandatory for a listed company on the NSE or the BSE to declare their company performance each quarter to the investors. It is on this basis which many investors decide the capacity of a stock to go up or down and in turn becomes a basis through which they invest their money on their favourites stocks.
The quarters are based on the Financial Calendar where:
- First Quarter refers to the months of April to June and the results are declared in the month of July.
- Second Quarter refers to the months of July to September and the results are declared in the month of October.
- Third Quarter refers to the month of October to December and the results get declared in the month of January.
- And the Fourth quarter is the months of January to March where the results get declared in the month of April.