Presently there are nine different Gold Exchange Traded Funds (Gold based ETF’s) available for trading as well as investments on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). Gold prices have been shooting up the roof and now a days they are at all time high, there is a lot of volatility too in the Gold Prices. We are giving the details of all Gold Exchange Traded Funds (Gold based ETF’s) here one by one.
1. Benchmark Gold BeES:- Gold BeES comes from the Mutual Fund house called “Benchmark Asset Management Company”, which is the primary front runner in the Indian Markets for introdcucing the ETF Funds trading in India. This is probably the oldest Gold based ETF available in India for trading and investment.
2. UTI-Gold ETFs :- UTI-Gold Exchange Traded Fund is also known as GOLDSHARE and launched in 2007. It has the long standing trusted name of UTI Asset Management Company and has been a hot favourite for investors looking for investing in Gold based ETF or Exchange Traded Funds.
3. Kotak Gold ETFs:- Kotak Mutual Fund house has also launched its GOLD ETF in the year 2007. This fund has also lived upto the investors expectations. This is a good option for investors looking for making investment in Gold through the Gold based ETF.
4. Reliance Gold ETFs :- Reliance Mutual Fund house is a real big name in India. They too have launched their GOLD ETF. Performance of this Gold Exchange Traded Fund is also very good and the returns are up to the expectations of the investors.
5. Quantum Gold Fund :- Quantum Fund house have also launched their Gold Exchange Traded Fund called Quantum Gold Fund and performing up to the expectations of the investors. Returns similar to the ones by the other Gold based ETFs.
6. SBI Gold ETFs :- SBI Mutual Fund house is from the Indias biggest bank SBI. They have also launched their Gold Exchange Traded Fund called SBI Gold ETF and performing is up to the expectations of the investors. Returns similar to the ones by the other Gold based ETFs.
7. Religare Gold ETFs :- Religare Mutual Fund house too have come out with the Gold ETFs called Religare Gold ETFs. Performance of this fund too is good and investors are happy to be with this ETFs.
8. HDFC Gold ETFs :- HDFC Mutual Fund house is one of the largest and well-established Fund house in the country. They too launched their GOLD ETFs recently. Performance of the fund is expected to be good as per their reputations.
9. ICICI Prudential Gold ETFs :- CICI Prudential Mutual Fund house is too from the one of the largest bank called ICICI Bank. They too launced their GOLD ETFs on 30th June 2010 and the units will be available for investors at the cost of Rs 100 up to 29th July 2010. Performance of the fund is expected to be good as per the reputations of the fund house.
With the launch of too many Gold ETFs from different fund houses, investors have option to choose from them. The investors looking for investing in Gold that too specifically in Gold based ETF now have a wide variety and choice.
Now if you asked that which one is the best Gold ETF for investing, I would say say that the Gold ETF having lower expanses ratio and actively traded in the market is the best one.